Pro Sound Productions Return/Refund Policy
At Pro Sound Productions we offer a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your item. Simply return the item along with your invoice/receipt within 21 days from the date of purchase.
If the return results from the receipt of damaged or defective product, or from our mistake, we will cover any shipping/freight charges incurred - both to have your item sent back to us, and to send you a replacement item. This will be done as quickly and conveniently as possible.
How do you return a product?
Contact email@example.com regarding your request and our friendly staff will arrange the return asap. Being honest about the reason for your return will help us process your exchange, replacement, or refund more quickly. We will respond to your request swiftly. You will receive clear instructions for sending your product back, and an address for the return.
Once again please understand that if an item is returned due to other reasons than faulty or not as originally described you as the customer will incur the full shipping/freight charges and the original freight charges to send you the item are also non-refundable.
Exceptions to Our Return Policy
Products that match the following categories can only be returned for replacement if they are defective or damaged in transit, or only for exchange or refund if they are still sealed in the original factory packaging.
- Copyrighted materials cannot be returned once opened due to copyright law. This includes books, videotapes, DVDs, sample libraries, style disks, sound expansion boards, and software (which may also include software bundled with hardware).
- Blank media cannot be returned once opened due to the possibility they have been used. This includes cassettes, open reel tape, ADAT, DAT, CD, DVD, MiniDisc, removable memory cards, and hard drives.
- Disposable products cannot be returned once opened. This includes cleaning supplies, care products, and rosin.
- Personal use items that are used in your mouth or in your ear cannot be returned once opened due to health laws. This includes guitar talk boxes, ear plugs, and in-ear earphones.
- All instrument parts cannot be returned once opened due to the possibility that they have been used. This includes all guitar, amplifier, and turntable parts.
- All clothing cannot be returned once opened. This includes shirts, hats, and gloves.
- Certain items may have to be exchanged directly through the manufacturer if they are found to be defective. This includes tubes, strings, pickups, raw frame speakers, drum heads, drumsticks, cymbals, cowbells, and harmonicas. These items can only be returned to us if they are unopened.
- Due to sterilization and repackaging costs, all band instruments will incur an automatic $10.00 restocking fee when returned. This includes flutes, clarinets, saxophones, trumpets, and trombones.
- Gift certificates cannot be returned.
Analog and digital recording gear (e.g. ADATS, hard-disk recorders, etc) or CD duplicators that shows wear or significant usage time may be refused or result in a restocking fee.
Our return policy is very generous, but these exceptions are necessary; please consider them when making your purchase. If there are any questions as to whether an item is included in the list of exceptions before you buy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who pays original and return shipping?
If the return is needed as a result of damage, defect, or our mistake, we pay the shipping / freight charges - both to have your item sent back to us, and to send you a replacement item. These exceptions are at the sole discretion of Pro Sound Productions and its returns department.
In the case of an outright return for refund, we refund the full purchase price of the product, but you are responsible for return shipping on the product you are returning and we do not credit the original shipping charges toward the exchange.
When do we charge restocking fees?
Rarely. We can only accept items that are returned without signs of wear and tear and with all of the original contents and packaging. Wear and tear refers to any damage that was not present when the merchandise was received - rack mounting damage, scratches, dents, etc. Contents consist of any included parts and accessories, as well as the warranty card and manual without user's notes or markings. Packaging includes all inner and outer packaging, complete with the original barcode affixed.
Items not returned in the condition described here may be subject to restocking fees (minimum 15% of the purchase price, as determined by our cost of replacing the missing items including a processing fee for this labor-intensive process) or refusal of the return. Larger items and items that we ship directly from our vendors can be subject to a minimum 30% restocking fee. This fee may apply if you refuse delivery or as a result of delivery exceptions, as well as from a typical return.
These conditions apply to all returns regardless of the reason for the return. A restocking fee will be charged for any defective item that is returned in damaged condition.
How long does it take to receive a refund?
Once the warehouse receives the returned merchandise, a refund is typically processed within 2-4 business days (Monday through Friday). Processing time may vary depending on daily return volume. Processing time may be greater during January, due to holiday season returns. When your return has been processed, we will send a confirmation to the email address on file with your original order.